Wednesday, October 04, 2006

"Please Park Pretty"

The EDM challenge was to draw a street sign. But I decided to take artistic license and draw parking signs in front of this rental shop on Captiva Island in Florida. My hubby and I spent our honeymoon there in May of 2004. You will need to clicck on it to enlarge so you can see the signs. We loved the quaintness of the area. All the cottages are painted in marvelous pastel colors and many are so funky. This store rents all kinds of water sports equipment and bicycles and motorscooters. We have so many fond memories of this trip.

3 comments:

Irene said...

I love these signs. So typical of the south. I always am on the look out for this kind of thing when I travel and have some great snap shots of such. Good work!

Jana Bouc said...

This is a charming drawing. I love the colors and all the fascinating detail! Also the feel of the day and the weather seems to shine through.

Lin said...

Marilynn -- I don't where the link to your blog went -- but I am so glad I found it again!!!

FANTASTIC street sign scene!!! SUPER details .... and so much the kind of place I LOVE to run across!!! GREAT JOB!