Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Junk Mail

Is your mailbox stuffed with paper (useless paper that will go into the landfill) better known as "junk mail"? I far prefer to get mail art -- even bills are okay. I just hate the junk mail. So I went to a site called www.proquo.com that promises to make it EASY to remove your name from all the various databases and marketing firms. Okay, I did that -- set up my account with password, etc. I began clicking on the various gremlin companies that sell my name to other organizations so they can load up my mailbox. It's not as easy as they make it sound. Most of these firms will not remove your name until you print off the letter, sign it and mail it in. Worse, some make you go to their site and fill out a form on line and pay some amount by credit card to get off their damn list!!!!! I'm sitting here looking at five form letters I have to sign and send in. However, Proquo at least typed the letter in a PDF format, so I can just sign. What a hassle. I think junk mail companies should have to clean up dog poop in all of our yards!

No comments: