Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mourning Cloak

When I went out to feed my birds Friday a.m., I discovered that the butterfly had emerged from the chrysalis that had been hanging underneath the eave of our house.  The light was not good and I wanted to wait for better light to take the picture, but decided that it might have flown away by the time I returned from the gym.  Sure enough, it was gone when I returned.  Every day now in the morning and afternoon I see a mourning cloak flying around in the yard.  I'm going to assume it's the same butterfly.  

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am enjoying your blog Marilyn, and see we have a lot of common interests in birds, art, and writing! So great seeing you today. This is going to be fun keeping in touch. I got the little conure I told you about :) Fun, fun, fun!