Thursday, September 25, 2008

Little Miss Barrymore

I'm continuing my practice of faces. This one turned out with a certain likeness of a famous person? Must be the round face and pouty lips. I'm also trying to incorporate trash mail or junk mail in my journal art. Why not? Might as well keep it out of the landfill whenever possible. And I'm promising myself to use stamps and other items I haven't used in forever. You know what I mean. Raise your hand if you have any art supplies you haven't used in six months or longer!!! Un huh, I thought so. This one is really simple -- just the inside of a business junk mail envelope, some acrylic paint, draw the shape of the face, fill in with gesso and then paint and draw the details with a micron pen. I tried a Faber Castille "f". Just not fine enough for me. Maybe there is a finer point. And then one of those rubber stamps I just had to have several years ago because I love swirlies and this one was just a bit different. It was sure to enhance my artwork. I'm a sucker for any swirly!!! I have to put blinders on when I see them.


4 comments:

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Marilyn!
Your Little Miss Barrymore is darling!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have won another blog award!!!!! Please visit my blog . . .

Unknown said...

If only I could draw!! Lovely piece! We must never go shopping together, we might end up fighting over the same rubber stamp.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

You absolutely did. Looks just like her and I think it is in the eyes too. So sweet.

Janny said...

Thank you for your nice comment at my Blog and I like yours;o) I am trying to draw now at the classes with Suzi Blu but you can already paint. Beautiful!