This week, it's a "back to school" theme for Texture Tuesday. I have no little ones, so it's back to
school for me. I paid for extended
access to Kim and Xanthe's "Behind the Scenes" class. I liked the video Kim did on making a blog
banner. I found a flower image I had in the archives and proceeded to add a
new white layer under it. That's because my rose was smack in the middle of the image and I needed to
extend the canvas of final image to hold the title. I used Kim's "Sandblasted" texture to pull
the image together on that white
layer and texturize out the background in my image. It's just for fun, but I'm always amazed what
textures can do.
1. They can hide a busy background.
2. They can change the color or color cast of an otherwise boring photo.
3. They can pull together disparate images and make them look as if they belong together.
4. They can smooth a rough background.
5. They can give a an image depth and texture.
6. They can make an image look dreamy or dramatic.
You can probably think of many other benefits to using textures in your editing.
Joining Kim's Texture Tuesday linky party. Join us, won't you?