Monday, April 28, 2014

New Camera, New Class


Wouldn't you know that I would get a new camera and start Kim's "Start to Finish" class at the same time.  I finally decided to upgrade from my old Rebel XT to the Rebel T5i.  
I thought it would be easy-peasy to make the switch.  Well…..I've spent the last two days reading the manual and attempting to do a shoot for Kim's new class. 
 It did take me a while, mostly because I was following her suggestion to "follow or find the light" in my very dark house.  I set up my still life and then took exposures at 10:00AM, 12:00 noon and 2:00PM in front of the sliding door to our bedroom which gets some light, mostly in the spring and summer as the sun gets higher in the sky.
The above image I edited almost entirely in Lightroom 5.
This next image I continued on in Photoshop, adding one of Kim's textures "Reentry", some text and a frame.
Kim's class is, as the name implies, about how she does her still life photos from "start to finish".
I'm looking forward to learning a lot from her.  She is among the very best teachers I've encountered.  Her classes are always fun and I'm never disappointed.
~ Calm ~

2 comments:

Carole M. said...

very creative examples Marilyn and nice results with your new camera; have fun with it

jacki long said...

Beautiful, Marilyn!
Congrats on the new camera too! ♥