Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sassy Girls

I'm still learning to paint faces with a credit card.  I call this my Sassy Girl Series.
It is not easy for me to paint/draw with a credit card.  I want the results to look like something.  It's a great exercise for loosening up because you have very little control.  I'm all about control so this is a good thing!
My good friend Jacki is a master at this, so I enrolled in her class to spark up my face practice.
She had a box full of papers….tissue papers worked really well.  We were given different substrates….paper of different thicknesses and thin boards.  Some were larger, some were really small like the redhead above….maybe 3"x3".
 We used glue stick and matte medium to affix the torn papers to the substrate and then started painting.  I think I'm better at charging with a credit card than painting, but I'm getting better.  I love my final image below.  She just has a sweet expression.  I did the top image and her in my journal, so I didn't use torn paper….just paint.  
I have promised myself to practice more of these on a regular basis so I can just whip them out.  I think they would make cute cards.

5 comments:

jacki long said...

FABULOUS, Marilyn!
I love each one.
The spontaneity it perfect!
There is a charm to not being able to control the final result, don't you think?
I'm so glad you enjoyed the class, everyone just took off!
See you soon!

Reena said...

Well, I think these are pretty remarkable! And I think it is good for us to stretch ourselves sometimes.

Sherri Cassell said...

Love your Sassy Girl series! The faces are so adorable.

libbyquilter said...

i MUST give this a try~!

your work is inspiring indeed~!!

:-)
libbyQ

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

VERY cool, Marilyn! I love what you're doing!!!!