Friday, June 13, 2014

Art Adventures Part 2

I'm taking Jacki's class at Catalyst on Thursdays for the next few weeks.
There are about 15 terrific artists in the class, and we are having a ball.  She first taught us the technique of using a credit card to paint.  You might remember my posts with my "sassy girls" here 
and here. This week we worked with 4 x 4's.  We just tore out
 4"x 4" papers from anything - junk mail, catalogs, newspaper and brought them to class.  We added them to our journals and embellished with more torn papers.


We worked on adding borders to our pages and doing crazy text from a prompt across the page like this.  The border was done with a W I D E black marker.
And finally I did a  credit card face with a border of tissue paper.
I always have so much fun with other artists.  I wish I didn't have to clean my house and do all those mundane chores - I'd rather play with art, wouldn't you?
~ Calm ~

1 comment:

jacki long said...

Great post Marilyn!
So glad you are having fun.
And, more to come. ;oD