Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Scribble of Paint...

and a Stabilo pencil, and I'm a happy camper.  I'm posting two more of my 100 faces challenge by Dina Wakley.  I do scrape a coat of gesso on the page before I draw.  That way if I make a major blunder, I can use a baby wipe to "erase".  No gesso, no "erase".  The goal is, however, to scribble away and not worry about perfection.
#13 above and #14 below…

The paint came first and then the drawing.  I promise you I did not plan the eyes to be as they are -- one over the blue paint and one over the green.  It was just one of those serendipitous things.




6 comments:

jacki long said...

Great! Love them both! ♥♥

girl friday said...

How interesting.
I like the technique you used in the green picture: colour first and then the drawing: it gives it such a loose, natural feel.

Cathy Bueti said...

I love both of these!! Especially the first one! Amazing what you can create with a couple of simple products. Fab work!

Barb said...

Oh my! what talent you have! These are amazing.

Unknown said...

Cool idea! So expressive and free-feeling. I did a Dina Wakley course a few years ago. She is really a treat.

xoxo

Barbara said...

These are gorgeous, I always wanted to be able to draw, but my camera took over first in seeing the world. Love seeing the world through your paintings. Just wow