Monday, November 03, 2014

Thinking of the Sea

I am so fortunate to live close to the ocean……about a mile as the crow flies.  It is ever changing, some days windblown and rough….some days smooth and clear as glass.  Depending on the clouds some days it's a deep dark indigo color…..other days it's a beautiful aquamarine.  I love shells and other artifacts from the sea.  This week I went for a dreamlike feel.
This little box was a project I did sometime ago.  I think I may have done a post about my grandmother's button jar.  I covered the box with a vintage paper, glued on buttons from her jar, and tied it all up with an organza ribbon. 
For Texture Tuesday I made adjustments in Lightroom and then added two layers of Kim's "Waterfront 7" texture, one on soft light at 15%, the second on linear dodge at 33%.  I masked and "erased" a bit of the texture from the starfish, sponge and box.  I love the font…..it's called "Lemon Chicken".

  Kim Klassen dot com

18 comments:

jacki long said...

Beautiful work Marilyn!
I love the button box and
Gentle Lemon! ;o)

ju-north said...

Lovely soft gentle tones!

Anonymous said...

Love you subtel texture , the little is areal treasure !

joanna uk said...

So nice to have dainty treasures like these around. Even if put away in a drawer...it is such a treat to come upon them again and reflect.

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

Love your still life I bought a whole tin of old buttons at a local charity shop you have given me an idea !

Roxanne said...

A beautiful image! That little box is so sweet. (I have a button jar filled with my grandmother's buttons, too!)

Carola Bartz said...

A beautiful composition and great processing - I like it a lot. Living close to the ocean is truly wonderful.

Sheila said...

So pretty! I love that box - such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the little box. Makes me want to make one. Love that you still had some from your grandmother. I have gobs of buttons that I've gathered or found at Thrift stores. Love the display of your photo. :)

Michelle B said...

Lovely! It is dreamy. I love to visit the ocean and bring home 'treasures'. :)

EarlK said...

Beautiful. Great composition. Yes, it is gentle.

elizabeth said...

I'm a lover of the sea, and love your sea treasures.

Lisa Gordon said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that little box, Marilyn!

Prairie Jill said...

Beautiful! So simple and gentle.

Leovi said...

I love the starfish I have two in my bathroom! Excellent!

Buckeroomama said...

Lovely textures in the starfish, sponge, and the button box! I really like the soft tones in the image.

Unknown said...

An elegant collection, gently edited!

xoxo

sandy said...

it's just wonderful, the colors are amazing and calming :)

i love that term "as the crow flies" lol i use it a lot. i am 38 miles from the ocean or less "as the crow flies"