Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving

I try to start each day with gratitude for another day, another opportunity, for all I'm blessed with, but at this time of year I'm especially grateful for friends, family, health and abundance. 

I'm linking to Texture Tuesday today with my interpretation of the Thanksgiving holidays.  For this image I used a layer of Kim's "Leaf" and a layer of one of her other textures.  Sorry I can't remember which.   I also used Kim's 
Darklight preset.  I added a Topaz filter.  I love playing with textures and filters as I'm never sure  what will turn up in the final result.  I like how this makes the pears look like they have been gold leafed. I used the same textures and different filters below on this image.
I wish you all a beautiful Thanksgiving.


Kim Klassen dot com

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the top one that looks like they are gold leafed - I actually thought they were. Beautiful and rich looking. I haven't played in Topaz for a while...hope to after the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving Marilyn!!

jacki long said...

Beautiful Marilyn!
I am thankful for you and your many talents,
and that you are in my life.
Thank you Marilyn!

Sheila said...

So dramatic - love the golden color of the second image. Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Beautiful processing, I love the top image, the tones are just lovely !

Buckeroomama said...

I think it is amazing that we offer up gratitude every day. We do ours with the kids at bedtime. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Leovi said...

Great photos, wonderful autumn still life, pure art!

Carmel said...

I love your first image so much...your editing process has captured the gold and silver on the pears so well. Very festive image.

Michelle B said...

I love the 'gold leaf' effect. It is fun to play with textures and presets. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Inspired By June said...

Love how these turned out, Marilyn! Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving!

The Artful Diva said...

lovely edits - Happy Thanksgiving, Marilyn!

EarlK said...

Love the gold pears and nuts. Wonderful texturing.

Dotti said...

Beautiful Thanksgiving still lifes! The pears and the gatherings are just perfect. Happy Thanksgiving!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

A very happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

Barb said...

It's incredible how the texture and edits made the pears look silver leafed ... so gorgeous! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!