Monday, November 17, 2014

Gather - Sunset Beach Part Two

Today I'm sharing the rest of our experience with Kim Klassen and Xanthe Berkeley.   We took shots of still lifes from all kinds of positions.  Here are Barb and Laura on the floor.  We even did one still life in the laundry room.  It had a window and the light was beautiful.

Some more of the beautiful people…. Kristina 
and Pam
and Xanthe
Just look at these shutterbugs! 
from left Xanthe, Lynne, Suzee, Barb, Kim, Kristina and Carolyn.

Many of the houses on the beach have been redone and 
"mansionized" as I call it, but here's one that has not.  It looked so quaint among the "big guys".
 The weather could not have been more perfect, and we literally jumped for joy every day!
There were all kinds of little arrangements (by Miracle Myriam) throughout the house….


Another still life
But as the saying goes…."all good things must come to an end".
I don't think any one of us wanted it to end, and we plan to keep in touch through Instagram, Facebook, etc.  Kim and Xanthe sent us a podcast at the end of their stay to remind us how special the event was and to keep in touch with each other.
I hope each of you will have an opportunity like this.  It's so special when you get to spend time with people who "get it".  I have lots of friends but very few "get it", who share my interests in art, photography, etc.  They wonder why I blog….
"You mean you're going to get together with people you met online?"
Yes, and I loved it!!





5 comments:

Donna Hopkins said...

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your experience with the California Gathering! Through your heartfelt descriptions, I almost felt as though I went, too! It's very clear that you loved the experience - and I am so happy for you.

Inspired By June said...

Thank you for sharing, Marilyn! What a special time - your images are wonderful! Being known is a blessing all it's own, is it not?

summerland cottage said...

Hi Marilyn,
I so enjoyed reading about your amazing time spent in Sunset Beach with the group of kindred spirits and the great learning experience with Kim Klassen and Xanthe Berkeley.
Plus, I absolutely loved your fun photos accompanying the post!
Thank you for sharing,
Paulette

Barbara said...

so great to see these and what and how your Gather was a little different than the one I went to. All good just different people. Loved seeing Barb in her almost down on the floor shot. We all tease her as we can't get down that low anymore. She said it is because of the years of yoga she does. Oh I should have done that, the one thing I hate with my photography is I can't get down low anymore. OK now I want to go back and have a redo. :) Thanks Marilyn for sharing these.

Leovi said...

Great photos, wonderful shots with beautiful details, I love the positive force that photo shows the jump!