Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring has Sprung in Southern CA

Last week I went with my friends from Eastside Art Group to visit San Juan Capistrano Mission.  My photos for the most part were not terribly good.  It was just about high noon and sun was directly overhead.  I tried adjusting exposure but need some practice with that on my iPhone. I did get this one image of beautiful spring tulips and decided to play with it for Texture Tuesday.
I first used an HDR preset from Trey Ratcliff, one of my favorite photographers.  You can see his work here. I think the HDR really made them pop. I haven't yet tried using HDR setting on my iPhone.  
I then used Kim's "Dark Mood" preset and got this totally 
different look….
Finally I added a layer of Kim's texture "Peeling Paint" and a layer of her "Warm Grunge" to get another altogether different look.
I'm linking up with Texture Tuesday and you can see more by clicking the button below.

Kim Klassen dot com
See you soon.
~ Give ~

13 comments:

jacki long said...

Beautiful work Marilyn! ♥

Roxanne said...

How pretty these shots are! And how welcome spring is!

Michelle B said...

I love your bright yellow tulips!

Dotti said...

It's always painful to me to take out the color of flowers but wow! This is great! Love these edits.

Barb said...

All these images are wonderful - love the bright colour and wow - how the presets changed the look and mood - just brilliant!

Leovi said...

Beautiful flowers! I love, pure delicacy!

Kaya said...

Oh, how beautiful and so wonderfully light these tulips are!

Beautiful and very artistic!!!

kelly said...

oh i just love spring's bold, wonderful color!

EarlK said...

Great interpretations of the yellow flowers. It's wonderful what you can do when you use your imagination. Lovely.

abrianna said...

I like the second and third shots best, then the original. Your HDR is not bad but most of it I see looks strange-done too much and I can spot it now every time. You did it well.

Prairie Jill said...

Oooh! Great edits.

The Artful Diva said...

I'm with you - Trey's HDR preset filter really made your photo pop!

Unknown said...

Glad I stopped by! Lovely flowers! (my maiden name is Ratcliff. wonder if Trey is a distant relative. :)
Right now I have a thing for yellow flowers . . .