Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Signs of Summer

It's beautiful summer weather here in Southern California.  On the coast we have our usual "June gloom" but the sun comes out in the late morning or early afternoon.  We are so enjoying the balmy temps in the mid 70's during the day and mid 60's at night.  Melons are coming into season and I dearly love watermelon.  
I've been wanting to take macro shots and didn't want to pay the hefty price for a Canon lens.  So…..I did the next best thing….I purchased an Olloclip macro lens for my iPhone.   I had a go at it in the back yard.  These are tiny blooms or what's left of them on my Heucheras.



 And here's a shot of lavender
Finally after many tries I got one decent shot of this little leaf bug. He wanted to cruise around the lip of this paper cup, and I asked my friend to move the cup to keep him in somewhat the same spot so I could get the pic.  I was really overjoyed to get this.  
Linking to Texture Tuesday, The Studio Online and Be Still

Kim Klassen dot com

Happy summer!!
~ Give ~

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Fabulous Marilyn!
I love the memory of you getting that terrific shot!

Unknown said...

I've been wondering about that lens and now that I've seen the marvelous
photos you captured, I'm sold! I know you're going to have lots of fun taking macros. (right now I'd love to have fog! 111 out here today. The prediction for tomorrow is 117!)

Lissa Forbes said...

Love your leaf bug! Fabulous capture. :-)