Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Edit Wow

My membership to Kim Klassen's The Studio Online entitled me to her Studio Collection of presets - about 80 of them.  Her presets are so artistic, it would take me forever to make my own.  And....let's face it, I'm lazy. 
I discovered I can get a beautiful edit without doing anything other than adding her preset.  Below the original...
It's a so-so photo.  But with one click of her preset in Lightroom and cropping to square I got this.  

I used "Rumpled" preset.  I just love the effect here.  I'm going to try several more presets, but this one really wowed me.
If you are into photography and still lifes, and you have not yet joined The Studio Online, hurry over there and sign up.  It's a huge value for the money and there are so many talented people you can learn from.  If you do love still life photography, Hans Blomquist has a beautiful book called "In Detail" which you can purchase from Amazon.  I'm ordering that for myself.
Wonder of wonders, we actually had a sprinkle of rain this afternoon.  I guess we're getting the monsoon moisture coming up from Mexico.  It wasn't really rain like we need but it was so exciting to see the sky get dark, and listen to thunder.
Plus, the rain smelled wonderful!!
~ Give ~



3 comments:

jacki long said...

Another beauty Marilyn!
Wonderful work.

Barbara said...

Wow is right, love the edit of those gorgeous rose.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Marilyn!