Sunday, January 24, 2016

Food for the New Year

After reading Carol Hart's  beautiful post I was inspired to purchase this cookbook.  It has so many wonderful recipes, and it's not about dieting or losing weight.  It's really about eating healthfully.  I've made a couple of the dishes and they are delicious.  
She also posted about a wonderful lemon detox drink consisting of warm water, lemon juice a smidge of maple syrup and cayenne pepper.  It's very comforting first thing in the morning.  I've heard that warm lemon water is alkalinizing to the body.

After my previous post I decided to use some of my lemons for the detox tea.  Yum!
  

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Beautiful shots, and I used to drink hot lemon water religiously.
Thanks for reminding me, it was a good thing! ;o)

Nancy said...

You captures alone are enough to make me want to run out and get the cookbook. It sounds like something we all need in our kitchens...

Carola Bartz said...

This looks like a good idea - thank you! I might just try that lemon drink as well.