Thursday, March 03, 2016

Pretty Petals

I fell in love with Lightroom a year or more ago.  I became so immersed in LR I didn't realize that I was losing my Photoshop skills.  As you all know I've been AWOL for some months and just wasn't able to reconnect the circuits for my art/photoshop.  A good friend basically told me that for me to get re-inspired I needed to "just do it" as Nike says.
I also started to use my iPhone rather than my DSLR.  This week I did a photo exercise using both cameras.  I decided to edit one of the photos in PS.  Wow!  I had forgotten so much it was crazy.
With lots of effort and some frustration I managed to come up with the above image.  I used mostly PS but also relied a bit on LR.
  During all this time I've been learning Instagram.  So I wanted this image for IG.  I shot it on my iPhone for that reason even though I know it is possible to cheat and post DSLR and other types of photos.  Forgive me but my technical skills are always behind the curve.  I'm pretty happy with this.  I will continue using Photoshop more and shooting with both cameras so I don't get so rusty.
Have a great rest of the week.
~ Create ~

2 comments:

jacki long said...

Great! So glad you're back,
I always look forward to your posts!
btw: love that font with your image.

Unknown said...

Photoshop or Lightroom, this is just beautiful, Marilyn.