Thursday, January 05, 2017

The Middle

From time to time I will write about my Arizona adventure.  After living in one place for so many years, it's interesting to note the differences and at the same time the similarities.  I love that in California we call it the DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles) and in Arizona it's called the MVD (Motor Vehicle Dept).  California's Transportation Dept. is called CalTrans.  Here in AZ  I kept wondering what the signs were that read ADOT.  Finally figured out it was Arizona Dept of Transportation.  Minor details but fun to note.  In Gilbert, the city where we live just outside of Phoenix, trash is put into one bin, and it must be bagged.  The second bin (blue) is for recycled material.  They are very specific what can be put in the Recycle bin - no plastic film bags as they clog their machines.  I find myself collecting them and taking to the grocery store recycle bins for that purpose.  At Home Depot we get the 15 gallon white trash can liner bags and have the pretty stainless can in our kitchen.  Just pull out the bag, close the ties, and voila - the trash is bagged. 
 Okay, this is the second layer of my sunflowers.  I added leaves, background and blue table top. 
I checked out the art group in my little community here.  They meet  two days a week and we can pretty much bring our own work and work independently.  Although they do have TV monitors, can play instructional DVD's etc. Sometimes they work collaboratively.  It seems like a pretty active group, so I will take my art journal and supplies next Tuesday. 
Have a great one!

Believe
     

No comments: