Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Metal Study

This is another in my series of studies after viewing Jerry Yarnell's classes on T.V. Both the mailbox and the apples were about making round or rounded objects appear three dimensional. This study was also about making an item look like metal. I've played around with acrylics on canvas paper, but I've been far too intimidated to put anything on an actualy stretched canvas. I had one painted canvas I did at a local art store class (which I hated). I decided to paint a background over it and do my studies on it. So both the apples and mailbox are on one canvas. That's one nice thing about acrylics -- if you don't like what you did, you simply paint over it and start over.

7 comments:

Teri said...

It's a beauty Marilyn! Good job!

Carole said...

Really like these two paintings - they've captured the light really well and they've got a liveliness to them which I like.

Anastasia said...

this looks great! you created the metal texture perfectly with the thick paint.

Lin said...

WELL DONE!!! Love how you've included such wonderfully done details!

Anonymous said...

You got the metallic look just perfect!

Lindsay said...

Well, its nice to meet you! Love these two paintings. They really do look dimentional and like what youare after.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like this one. You are right about acrylics. I can't remember where I've even put mine. It seems like such a commitment to get them out. Congrats and happy new year!