Sunday, November 12, 2006

Paper Bag 2


I took Teri's challenge and again drew a paper bag. The first one I did in the summer is truly better. The values are better. It actually looks like a paper bag. If you did not know, you might think this was a blanket or clothing. What did not work for me here was improper planning, so the bag went off the page. I haven't got the "edge" thing down. I still feel like I have to draw the edge. It might have been easier if I shaded the paper first. But in the end drawing seems very tedious to me. I love seeing other people's drawings and I marvel at their ability to make a drawing that looks like a photo. I would swear Felicity's drawings are photos. She's just fooling us . I just have more fun with the sketching. I wonder if anyone else feels the same way.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Yah for you Marilyn!!! Isn't it interesting to do the same thing and have it come out so different.

This does look like a bag with all kinds of wrinkles. I like it!

I'm with you on sketching for the fun of it. The more I do, the more I throw the rules out and just do what I want to achieve what I had in mind.

Lin said...

I agree with Teri ...! Colors, shapes -- very very good! I find that sometimes the most simple thing is the most difficult to draw ...

caseytoussaint said...

Hi Marilyn,
I also feel the tedium of drawing - especially when I'm just starting one! The fun part is really in the final details, isn't it? Try using tinted paper - you then just add the darks and the highlights. It really helps me.
I love the apples by the way - wonderful job!