Friday, October 03, 2008

Double Plastic Wrap Technique

The results of my attempt at Susan's overstamped double saran wrap technique. I will post some more as I attempt to get a better result. The top one I tried on matte coat cardstock and found that watercolor paper is much better as Susan instructs. The middle paper was waaaaay too dark, so overstamped with white gesso. I like the colors on the bottom paper the best but spraying the rubber image did not work so well. Probably had the image too wet. Okay, back to the "drawing" board.

2 comments:

SC-The Artful Mama said...

I think they turned out great! I really like the effect of stamping with the gesso over the inks. When you get a really dark color, another option would be to overstamp with a Mica Powder mixture for a great color shifting look! Cool!
Awesome job!!! I hope you signed up for the swap over at ArtTechniques!! :)
xoooxo
Susan
beegsmachine@yahoo.com
The Artful Mama

TonyaA said...

They look great to me. These would make good backgrounds for your work.
Cheers & love,
Tonya