Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 5 Projects

For those of you who have been following, I am finally having FUN with Photoshop. This was the Day 5 Lesson using textures, word art, blending modes, adding a frame to the picture above. I cropped the photo of my granddaughter below. It was a picture of her making cookies at Christmas, but I liked the look of emphasizing her headband and cropping her face. I added a grunge texture from the "Subtle Grunge" collection on Lost and Taken. I also added a "film" texture from the same website. Another texture from Jessica Sprague was the brown paper bag texture. Each layer was then blended with "soft light" blend mode. I'm really pleased with the way these turned out. I am definitely going to sign up for more classes from Jessica Sprague. I'm like a kid in a candy store with all the brushes and textures. To think I've only scratched the surface with the photo editing. Now a new camera is on my wish list. I just dont know which one I want. I think I want a really good point and shoot. My current camera works fine but is so outdated (3 mpx).

signature

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Marilyn this is AMAZING an beautiful. You are using Photoshop like a pro girl!!
I love all the layers and the neutral colors. Great job.

here is my blog it you need to start your list again...:(

www.sharon-artfromtheheart.blogspot.com