Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas!

Today I got out cards I made for past Christmases.  Lots of memories.... I don't know about you but every year I swear I'm going to cut down on the number of cards I send.  And every year, I don't because I can't figure out who I would want to cut.  I'm just so sure (haha) everyone looks forward to my handmade cards, so every year I go into production mode for several days to produce these little gems.  Then when I go back and look at previous cards I've made plus the cards I receive, I'm happy that it is still a tradition for me. 


The mantle could use a little more pizzaz... will have to work on it. Do we have enough Buddhas?  I forgot to tell you I collect them.  The one on the hearth is usually where the tree is so the fireplace is a little overrun with them.  They do give such a feeling of serenity though....


I simply believe that some part of the human Self or Soul is not subject to the laws of space and time. 

 ~Carl Jung


The tree is all decorated.....


and even the big Buddha is ready for the holidays!


4 comments:

Seth said...

Great selection of cards. And how fun to save them all and look back!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I actually am sending out cards and photos this year...that is a change for me. I don't usually have my act together.

Diane said...

Love your cards, Marilyn. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! xo Diane

Pam Aries said...

I love handmade cards! I always try to make some. This year I made the decision NOT t oby anymore art stuff...so I a musing what i have..some interesting cards..hah! They aren;t tradiional! Yours look so nice.