Monday, August 30, 2010

Inspire





I'm thrilled with this piece. There are 15 layers here which include my grands' faces blended with the mannequin's face. The background is my acrylic painting. Textures used were "Scratches" by Paul Grand, wood texture by Susan Tuttle, bokeh texture by Caleb Kimbrough of Lost & Taken. Mannequin image by morguefile.com, brush from the Dreamwood collection by Elbereth de Lioncourt. When I did the last layer, I realized that I pulled that new white layer under the overlapping brush. It turned out to be a serendipitous event because I like the brushes extending onto the white matte

3 comments:

Lost Aussie said...

What a fabulous piece! and I love the overlapping brushes on the white too!

jacki said...

Fantastic! Teach me?

Unknown said...

lovely! I don't think that I've gone beyond about 10 layers. I really like how you've overlapped the brushes.