Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Trump Card

Today's Texture Tuesday theme is "orange".  I vacillated between an image of an orange object or....?  Finally I decided to use one of my collages and one of my paintings combined with Kim's "Old World" texture using hard light blend.   You can see more Texture Tuesday examples here. I think this texture really added to the orange of the originals, so put your sunglasses on everyone!
You can get in on the fun every week.  Just go to Kim's website to get the instructions and then link your image on Tuesday to the group of photos.  I've met some wonderful friends this way.

kimklassencafe


  

10 comments:

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

I love it and love the collage work it's great being able to put both together.

Grandma Deal said...

I love your "Orange Trump Card." Great thinking.

Pat Mark said...

This is very nice, there are lots of elements here to keep you looking and the orange is a standout.

Kmcblackburn said...

Visiting from "Texture Tuesdays"....my first attempt at textures. I see that YOU know what you are doing tho :). Absolutely brilliant color!

Kathy

Michelle said...

Very creative, thank you for the details. I think you really met the orange theme this week, very well.

Leovi said...

I love this delightful composition with that exquisite color and attractive texture.

Kathleen said...

I love this!! You've interpreted the challenge in such an imaginative way. I really like the layering you've done here.

Nick said...

An awesome piece of art. Your collage and Kim's texture work so well together! I feel the need to get on with texture creation for Tuesday I haven't posted on Texture Tuesdays in a while!

Anonymous said...

Glasses are on! Wow. I think this gives orange a new definition!
It's beautiful. I'd love to see your originals: collage and painting.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

LOVE what you have done here Marilyn. Great work!