Thursday, April 12, 2012

Digital Creation

This week for Photo Art Friday one of our options was to submit any work of art we wished.  I'm posting some edits of a portrait shot of my grand.  
Here's the original
The next two edits were done in Topaz Adjust after PSE.  I selected their option "surprise me".  I incorporated an image of daisies in the first image and lowered the opacity.
On the second image I used some of my background paintings as textures. I lowered the opacity and left the design on her face in the second image.  I may have also used Topaz Adjust on this one and I think I used hard light blend.
This edit was a PSE edit using the wave filter.  Again my two background paintings were used as textures.
and finally another Topaz Adjust edit using the "smooth and flat" option.
I think I'm partial to the first edit with the daisies.  That is probably because purple and green and all shades of both are my favorite colors. 
You definitely want to link over to Photo Art Friday and see the other entries.
Photo Art Friday
Now go and have yourself a "happy spring" week!


14 comments:

ceevee said...

How fun it is to experiment with all those varieties of filters and visual expression.

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, those are fabulous. I like the first and last the best. Have a wonderful weekend.

A Creative Grace said...

Yes, I like the first two best, they're really creative and have turned out beautifully :)

Prairie Jill said...

Great edits! I like them all, but I think agree with you - the first is my favourite!

Merike said...

Quess what, Marilyn! The first and the second work or art ar so fabulous. So beautiful my eyes :)

Sherri B. said...

Beautiful effects...my favorite is the one with your art as the background! Your granddaughter is lovely. :)

Terrie said...

I like the first 2 as well because her face isn't distorted at all. I think my fave is probably the first one though I find it distracting that the one petal is covering her eye so if it were me I'd probably erase that part of the flower. But I do love the way the flowers are in her hair and background - very cool ideas!

Ida said...

Your Granddaughter is gorgeous and I loved the different edits. I think my favorite is the 1st one with the Daisies too. Well done.

Kathy Reed said...

I'm still learning about textures and SO appreciate your trial views on the different photo websites..thanks! I love the 1st photo detail and the daisy configuration...

Geri said...

So many looks with the same photo. Hard to believe you have a granddaughter that age!

Monica S Engell said...

So creative and wonderful work you have done here! It is great to see all the different versions! I think my favorite is nr 2 and then nr 1! Really, really great!
Have a wonderful weekend:)

minor said...

Very interesting texture! The last photo looks like very fabulous painting.

Deborah said...

Marilyn, a beautiful "Grand" and fantastic processing!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

What a beautiful subject for your digital art Marilyn! I like #2 and #1. Thanks for sharing your work and your process with PAF.