Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Love

I have a new addiction.stencils!!  I always seem to be a bit behind the curve.  They are certainly not new, and many artists have been using them forever.  It seems that there are so many really pretty designs out there now.  I just ordered six from Stencil Girls.  
And…then I found Tim Holtz' stencils which I think are the perfect size for journaling.  You can find them on Amazon.  You can find his entire line at Scrapbook dot com.
I had a few of my own and played in my journal this week.
At the same time I'm working in my tiny journal I call "Bits and Pieces".  I started this journal several years ago and it's mainly for paper collage of bits and pieces.  
It's a small but fat sample book from Marco's Papers. I guess we can call it a repurposed book.  I plan to add stamps and stencils to paper collaged pages.  I covered front and back today 
using a photocopy of a collage I did in Traci Bautista's class.  As Traci says, "always leverage your art".  She photocopies everything and uses over and over.
Here's to a glorious 2014!



7 comments:

jacki long said...

Really, really nice post Marilyn!
I ♥ all the colors and of course papers!
More please?

Carole M. said...

Marilyn I love these; I love colour and fun art like this; I used to play with a bit myself some years back and I still have the mesh and think it makes great filler; have you tried Glimmer Mists; I'm sure you have. It is so alive and what a great idea to photocopy and make good use of it too; your journal cover will look scrumptious!

"Create Beauty" said...

Beautiful and Colorful FUN!!!!!

~ Violet

Katarina said...

A post full of joy! makes me happy to read and watch.
Happy new year!

ormbunke said...

Lovely collage and I like the colours and photos.Happy New Year

Leovi said...

Beautiful composition.
 Delicious way to start the year, a good one!
Thank you very much ! A champagne toast and much happiness ! Happy 2014 ! Leovi

Ida said...

Very colorful. I've seen a lot of stencils lately where they are using embossing paste, I need to try that out.