Saturday, January 11, 2014

Documented Life Project 2014 Week 1

I joined Documented Life Project just to insure that I continue to journal, hopefully daily, but at least weekly (for this project).
Five wonderful artists have a blog fittingly called "Art to the 5th". and they are responsible for beginning this project.  When you go to the Documented Life Project, you will see links for their blogs.
The first week's challenge is to draw, paint or photograph and incorporate our front door into our Documented Life planner.
We've had a red front door for as long as I can remember.  When I told my husband I wanted to paint it a different color, he said I could paint it any color I wished as long as it was RED!  I think I'll keep it red since the Asians think of it as a symbol of prosperity.  Standing in the doorway are my daughter-in-law and my two precious grands.  They made this picture their Christmas card last year.
I used the word "joy" as they are all such a joy to me.
Perhaps that should be my word for the month, year?  I haven't really decided on one yet.  I thought I was  going to do "calm", but discovering one of the 5 artists has claimed it, I thought I would come up with something else.  I mean there's such a dearth of words, don't you think??
  


5 comments:

libbyquilter said...

a great page and their smiles certainly reflect "joy" very well.

i decided that my "words" to guide 2014 would be: need less, give more. it's been interesting having them pop into my head at various unexpected moments and i do think they will influence my thinking as the year unfolds.

have you decided on a new word/s yet?

:-)
libbyQ

Lisa Gordon said...

I do indeed, and this journal page is wonderful, Marilyn.
Happy Sunday to you.

Cathy von Hassel-Davies said...

WOW I really enjoyed your blog. I started reading your older posts and got completely lost in them. I also love your Documented Life Journal.

"Create Beauty" said...

Beautiful! Looks like you are busy with many fun projects!

Thank you for your comment on my Downton-inspired painting!
~ Violet

Rosemary Aubut said...

Love this! Great job!