Monday, September 01, 2014

The Sea

Labor Day week-end has come and vanished.  It was a quiet one for us, riding our bikes to Starbucks and not doing much of anything else.
Here I am at 11:25pm madly trying to get this post done for Kim's Texture Tuesday.  I kept it really simple here.  I used one layer of Kim's "Beached" and one layer of her "Waterstained Frame".
The ocean has been amazing this last week - huge surf with waves of up to 15 feet.  The lifeguards were kept hopping….too many people who are not strong swimmers.  For some reason these people think they can handle the heavy surf and then they get in trouble.  I'm sad to see summer winding down.  Even though I love fall, I like the long days.  Fall signals the daylight is waning.
Check out the other work here at Kim's new site.  It's beautiful!

“Texture

9 comments:

cheryl said...

We love the beach also and yes, crazy waves this week...this is a lovely photo...the framing is so sweet...I must look that up...
Have a nice week.

Lisa Gordon said...

This is such a lovely image, Marilyn!

Barbara said...

Beautiful Marilyn, love the frame around the edge from the texture.

Sirpa said...

Love this beautiful photo and quote!

Beverly said...

Hi Marilyn...I'm so happy to find your blog with so many of your beautiful artistic works! I LOVE your ocean shot and textures. It looks really fun with the large waves of splashing water. Though I love fall, I do love the longer light hours of summer. Have a wonderful week!! Thank you for your sweet visit to my blog. I'm adding yours to my list.

Sylvia said...

Wonderful capture, Marilyn, lovely colors and texture work !
Love fall too but I'm always feeling a bit sad when summer ends ...
Have a nice evening,
Sylvia

Prairie Jill said...

Beautiful shot! I love the way you've captured the motion of the waves and the child.

jacki long said...

Don't know how this post got by me?
Anyway, I love it, and ditto your feelings.
Bravo Marilyn.

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

A lovely edit Marilyn the colours are just right a beautiful memory to store.