Thursday, December 11, 2008

Metallic Rub-on Over Embossed Wallpaper


This is my version of Ina's fatbook technique. It works much better on a paper that is highly embossed. It's more difficult to put on an even coat in the flat areas. You can see where I put my finger down too hard to start rubbing. I did not have colors other than the brass, gold, bronze, olive set. Some red and teal might have been fun on this. Also this is just a scrap I had lying around so you can see where the paper had been folded. It's a fun technique to do, but I wonder if I could use a cosmetic sponge and save my fingers. I don't know how she did 120 pages. My fingers would have fallen off.

2 comments:

Creatively Lisa said...

That's really pretty. I like te way it came out. I wish I was around to sign up for the fat book. It looks like you are having a lot of fun with it.

Seth said...

Great technique and this looks so great. Thanks for sharing it.