Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Green Tea


This graffiti collage is so much fun. I like the fact that it doesn't need to look perfect. My favorite thing is to slap some paint on the surface and hunt for images to incorporate. I just got some Sumi ink and some oil based Sharpie paint pens.....new toys to play with. Both dry with a glossy finish which I like for a lot of my work. I sprinkled in some glitter (just a wee bit) to finish it. Now I'm going to do another panel. I will post above the first step. But meanwhile.....

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Marilyn this is gorgeous. I love the colors and the composition.
Sharon

Shannon Sawyer said...

OMG!! This is just breathtaking, I'm not kidding. I am in love with the vibrant colors and how they jump out at you. I never even knew that Sharpie made oil based paint pens. And what exactly is Sumi ink? I'm not familiar with that either. I'd love to try both if this is the type of results you get. I just love how the colors flow so easily into each other. And the pinks, orange's and purples just add so much to it. I'm not sure of the size but I love how it's long in length as oppose to being wider as well. It's really beautiful, beautiful work. I'm so glad I asked you what your blog address was.

Susie Jefferson said...

I do like this - so vibrant, so much going on, yet it gels perfectly. I like the repeat of images too: same theme yet not identical.

Very very nice indeed.

Seth said...

Wonderful mix of such rich colors!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

WOW! Another GORGEOUS collage, Marilyn!!!! You are SO gifted!!!!