Sunday, June 07, 2009

Companion Little Woman Finished

My "finished" piece? Because it is a 12 x 12 it does not fit on my scanner, so the picture is not as sharp as I would like. I'm not delighted with this one. I tried working with Shiva Painstiks for the first time. I should have experimented with them before working on a canvas. I find the consistency thicker than acrylic and therefore not as precise. I'm sure I just need to practice in my journal to get a more spreadable consistency. Also my charcoal pencil did not work over oil, so I wasn't able to get the definition with that last application of charcoal pencil. Lessons, lessons........

5 comments:

.Trudi Sissons said...

Beautiful work Marilyn!

jacki long said...

I like it too, Marilyn. Let me know when you are free for lunch again? Eat chow, here we come! jacki

Diane said...

I love this, Marilyn! Really wonderful!

Sharon said...

Hi Marilyn
First try?! Beautiful.
The background is luscious.
Sharon

Seth said...

The backgrounds in this series almost glow! Just wonderful.