Monday, May 02, 2011

Yellow Bird

It's a beautiful 75 degrees here in Southern Calif.  Yesterday I went to Birds Unlimited to get a bird feeder and left with a lot more than I had anticipated.  That is so typical for me.  When I get on a mission, I don't know when to stop.  I really want to encourage more wildlife in our backyard.  I now have a mealworm feeder, a tube feeder, a house wren birdhouse and "best quality" bird seed.  Oh, and a guide to Southern Calif. birds.  Can't wait to get it all installed.  I think I will get a hummer feeder too.
I'm paying homage to all the beautiful wild birds today with this sketch.
This is a warbler which I don't think we'll see in our backyard.    It will, however, be fun to see what we do attract.
I'm also going to put in some butterfly-friendly plants.  We have lots of butterflies now but we can always use more.

1 comment:

Clear Crick Cottage said...

SUCH a cutie!
love,
Sherilyn