Saturday, September 10, 2011

Jazzy Succulents

This photo was really fun to work with.  You can see the original from the previous post.  It was so terrible I almost deleted it.  Then I decided to see what all I could do with it.  Here's the latest incarnation using Pixel Dust Photo Art's "dappled dawn" on color burn and "silent memory" also on color burn, and then poster edges.  Now I can really see the insect on the flower.  Can't tell if it's a bee or?
I'm using this for my Photo Friday Art entry.
You can see more of the fun - click on the badge below or in the sidebar.



Photo Art Friday
Thanks, Bonnie, for hosting this fun weekly event and for your artistic textures.


9 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

It never ceases to amaze me what a texture can do for an average photograph. This treatment really makes it look abstract and gives it a feel of movement.

Thanks so much for joining in at Photo Art Friday Marilyn!

Leovi said...

Excellent processing. I must admit that the original is quite poor. The results are truly amazing. Something that is going to trash you get a piece of art. Congratulations.

Lynne with an e said...

Wow! You've got what started out as a humdrum photo positively buzzing with life, light, colour and energy now. I find I'm more tempted to push the boundaries with photos that I initially, like you, feel should be deleted. I'm glad you kept it, and kept on. I like what you did with the Kim Klassen/Shadowhouse Creations textures as well.

Kathy said...

Very cool and it does show the insect on the flower much more than the original. I do like the results you did for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday as well. Great texture work.

Kathy

Lisa Gordon said...

This is wonderful Marilyn!
It almost looks like a painting.
The colors are wonderful.

helena said...

Love the vibrancy and how it makes the insect stand out more - I increasingly use texture on mediocre photos rather than great ones

johanna said...

oh, it gets even better... looks very artistic!

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

A wonderful work ! Great colors.

Debby said...

I love what you've done here. Also really love the banner on your blog!