Monday, October 31, 2011

Peace and Love

This week's submission for Texture Tuesday uses Kim's texture "And Then Some"  If you're part of Kim's Test Kitchen, the texture is free to you.  I used it primarily to eliminate the background.  I added a fill layer to match the sky which was very close to this color in the original image. On each layer I created a layer mask and eliminated anything extraneous from the angel and the foreground.  I added a brush from the "Dreamwood - Elbereth de Lioncourt" series.  Finally added the text.  Somewhere in there I used the poster edges filter.  
I know the background blue is pretty wild, but you know how I love drama!
I'm hoping you'll hop over to Kim's blog, take a look at all the artistic submissions and then play along with us.  I mean what else are you doing???
Linking to

kimklassencafe
See you next week.

14 comments:

sandy said...

Hi Marilyn! This is really different and I love it. I never knew you could use a texture to do this, so thank you for explaining!

Prairie Jill said...

Very nice! (And I love the wildness of the blue background!)

Cathy said...

i like how you made this photo your own. the blue is a bit wild, but it looks dramatic and beautiful as a background. it adds a magical touch : )

yvette said...

Oh! I adore the dramatic background. Looks fantastic! Yvette@twistedvines

Carole M. said...

it's fabulous what you did with this Marilyn; excellent result; so playful.

Sivinden said...

Beautiful composition and lovely colours, I like the effect you've added too.

Sadee Schilling said...

Very dramatic indeed! I love the bold colors!

--Sadee
http://apicturebooklife.blogspot.com/

Terrie said...

I like the mixture of realism and abstract background - the poster edges are a nice touch. Over at Photo Art Friday the theme is to try something new in digi-art so I'm thinking it's time to try something like this....thanks for the inspiration.

Sherri B. said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I'm fascinated how you achieved this effect. Thanks for describing the process!

Leovi said...

Beautiful picture, excellent texture. Peace and love that nice message.

johanna said...

i love the dramatic effect! and stone angels are one of my fave motifs!

Kathleen said...

I really love your work on this photo, Marilyn! The intense blue highlights the angel and the brushes are wonderful -- I really have to start playing with them.

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn, I love your image and the drama of the background.
Blessings from downunder

Lynne Daley said...

The wild blue is perfect for the image. Nice work.