Thursday, October 18, 2012

JACARANDA BEAUTY

I've finally come up for a little air.....I was so immersed in painting.  Bonnie of Photo Art Friday gave us a beautiful new texture to use in our entries for PAF.  It's called "Leafy Landscape"

First I applied it to an image I have of a very large jacaranda tree in my neighborhood.
Did not do too much to it other than change the blend mode.
I tweaked it a bit more and added a frame from On One
Then I added a Topaz preset and another frame from On One.  I love the riot of color in this one.  Easy peasy.
Come join us to see the other interpretations using Bonnie's texture.  Just click on the button below.

Photo Art Friday

13 comments:

Miriam said...

I love the first image. I so wanted to find a tree to put this texture on. I imagined it would look just like this! it is beautiful

Prairie Jill said...

Great results! I think the second one is my favourite - love the frame.

jatta said...

Beautiful done everyone. Love the first one most, a very beautiful tree and the grass and flowers. Great colors.

NatureFootstep said...

you really worked it. :) My favourite is the first one.

Anonymous said...

This is a nice picture

Linda Gibbons said...

Wow! and wow! and WOW! these are teriffic!

Jeanne said...

looks as if you have had fun with this texture... think that the second is my fave! Very nice and what a gorgeous tree to photograph!

Ida said...

Very nice work. Each one is different and unique. The first is my favorite because I just like the soft, subtle feel it has.

I like the frame and the focus of the tree in the 2nd piece.

The last one is vibrant and alive with such fun color.

Anonymous said...

I like the most the first edition! simple yet beautiful, intriguing!

Pat said...

I like the softness of the first image!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

All are captivating. Love the first one!

Sherri B. said...

Lovely, artistic effect - I agree, the colors are wonderful!

Currie Silver said...

oh you surely did have fun!! love seeing the blooms of your experiments!! so inspiring.