Friday, October 05, 2012

Love Me When I Need It the Most

I tried  one of Kim Klassen's recipes from the Test Kitchen.  I'm very fond of her

textures and the dreamy, romantic look she achieves with her textures.

The sentiment is from one of Kim's brush sets.  This week's Texture Tuesday called for at least one of

Kim's textures -- I used "Reverie" here.


The frame is from On One's Photo Essentials, and I like the sort of off center-ness of it.  Not sure if it's 

supposed to be off center but it is.

See, I couldn't stay away from photo editing for any length of 

time.  I feel rusty just leaving it for a few days.

Now back to painting........

Linking to:

kimklassencafe

13 comments:

Rosemary Aubut said...

Great photo and words! Happy Painting!

Linda Kittmer said...

I absolutely love that quote! You've done a beautiful job with this image Marilyn.

The Charm of Home said...

Lovely photo and love the quote!
Sherry

Leovi said...

Exquisite flower and a nice message.

Geri said...

This would look beautiful framed

Evelyn ~ Indigo Beach Art said...

A beautiful image and lovely soft framing and texture work!

Pat said...

Lovely work.

Sylvia said...

So lovely, beautiful quote and framing !
And this flower has such a lovely color !
Nice evening,
Sylvia

Sherri B. said...

I love that the frame is slightly off center...this is beautiful. And so are your paintings! I need to paint again...and regarding your comment about my iphone photos, be forewarned: once you get an iphone, you will definitely become addicted to the camera and all the apps! :) Have a wonderful weekend~~

kelly said...

oh that lovely soft pink. and so perfect with the text. thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog to say hi. :)

Sylvia said...

About the circle and the text, it's from Beyond Layers, Dotted Borders & Brushes, Day 66.
Enjoy your weekend,
Sylvia

Currie Silver said...

this is so much fun, I feel like I have been following you all day and Now here is your gorgeous photograph. and quote that I adore...

I think this is simply a wonderful feeling photo. I noticed recently that I am always "off-center" and slightly skewed with my art. I've decided it's the charm of it and NOT anything I am DOing "wrong" so seeing your thoughts about the framing makes my heart smile!!

Anonymous said...

The making of art is pure joy. Keep creating and sharing!