Thursday, May 02, 2013

I Love Colored Pencils

I've never really worked much with colored pencils even though I have a set of Prismacolors.  This class taught by Jane Davenport seemed just like the ticket for me.....wanting to keep up with my other artistic endeavors aside from photography and digital editing.   I love drawing faces.  I also have an entire bookcase of art supplies that I haven't used in forever.  It is a fun class, and I think I've learned a few things about drawing faces.  We started with colored pencils.  I must admit, drawing a face with colored pencils was a daunting task.  Jane has us practicing on all types of paper.  Cold press watercolor paper is not the best for colored pencils when it comes to blending.......lesson #1.
I will share some more as I go.  
I'm still taking Kim's Beyond Layers and I'm a bit behind on that...trying to juggle several classes at the same time.....
See you soon.....

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I really like this drawing...You sound like me....A couple of years ago I was into colored pencils and drawing faces as well...Even took a couple of classes and really enjoyed them...I have a big problem and that is I just don't have enough time for all the things I like to do and so many have fallen to the wayside as my recent focus as been photography and processing....My knitting is even suffering and I have always tried to knit alittle every day...

If you find an answer to our dilemma, please let me know...

I look forward to hearing more about the class.....

Evelyn ~ Indigo Beach Art said...

I love your drawing ~ it's very good!