Thursday, May 30, 2013

Today's Girl

A new journal page.  I first laid down a background of Faber Castell's Gelatos and Glimmer mists plus added gesso.  I drew my funky girl on top even with ridges from gesso. Jane's class is encouraging us to get out all the art supplies we have sitting on shelves and work with them.....colored pencils, watercolor pencils, water based markers, alcohol markers, paint daubers, Twinkling H2O's, Distress paints and markers and much more. I thought I had a lot of supplies, but I don't have even half of what Jane uses.  And....I'm going to try not to purchase much more.   Notice I said "much".  
I still need to work on hair....just like my own hair, it's always a work in progress/practice!  I love her big eyes and diminutive mouth.  
I found some more classes I want to take.....found this website through one of my Flickr contacts.  I want to take every one of her classes.  They sound like so much fun.  Carla's teaching a Gelli art class now.  I'd sign up for it now, but I'm in one too many classes as it is.  I also found her husband's class on Photo Silly.  I had seen his class advertised a couple years ago on Alisa Burke's blog.  For whatever reason I failed to bookmark it and then when I looked for it again, it was not there.  I will definitely be taking his class.  
Oh Universe, can I please have some more time????

2 comments:

marygems said...

I enjoy your blog in google reader which is closing and I wondered if I may continue to read your posts by email please?
mgemmill@xtra.co.nz
Mary, New Zealand

A Creative Grace said...

This is great Marilyn, I'm a fan of DT's too...she's very talented and I want to do her 'supplies me' course as soon as I can afford it...this is a beautiful picture, love the colours...gorgeous!
Please visit my new mixed media blog tawny moon studio.blogspot.com if you get a chance :)