Monday, August 26, 2013

Photoshop Inspiration

Taking Sebastian Michaels' class has been so inspiring.....a very different style than Kim's.  They are both highly talented, and it's fun to learn new "tricks".   This image is one of my first after starting his class.  
I will say he has some of the most beautiful videos.  I don't know what program he uses, but there is no need to change to full screen.  The videos are pretty big 
to start with.  
Even though he says his classes work with PSE, and they do, there is still so much he can do in Photoshop 
that I'm envious of.  If Adobe were still selling their program and supporting it, I think I would buy it.  Now it seems the only choice I have is to buy CS6 and not get support from Adobe or 
purchase their Creative Cloud membership at $50.00 per month.  I'm just not up for that.  I realize I 
would have access to all the latest in their software, but I don't use all their software.  Dilemma.......I guess I will just stick with PSE and do as much as I can do with that program.  
It's the same thing as......oh, I could take much better photos with an upgraded camera.  I can still take good photos with my current camera.
But every time I see him do something cool in PS, I lust after it.  


6 comments:

jacki long said...

Hauntingly beautiful~ great work!

lafcustomdesigns said...

Nice first effort, Marilyn. I agree, Sebastian's videos are jam packed with information. Definitely a great investment.

I have Adobe Photoshop CS5, which is two versions ago. If you want more capability than Elements, that would be an option for a stand-alone version (not Cloud). Looks like 5.5 is not available, but you might still be able to find the upgrade from 5.0. Clearly there are still things one can't do in CS5 that can be done in CS6, but I believe it's a middle ground between PSE and CS6. I don't like the concept that Adobe has gone to with a monthly payment, so I'll be sticking with my PS5. ;->

Nancy said...

This sounds like it's been a great class; love this photo and its processing....

I feel like I will never learn all of Elements 11....There is no end to what these programs will do. Sometimes I think I could study all day every day and still not be as knowable about PSE and LIghtsroom as I should be....

Sherri Cassell said...

I am enjoying his class also! You can just rent CS6 from Adobe Cloud for $20.00 a month, that's what I am doing.
I really like your image you created, great job!

Carole M. said...

this one is fantastic too Marilyn and yes I understand the upgrading 'things'.

Lost Aussie said...

Marilyn, you don't have to get the whole suite for $50.
You can just opt to get Photoshop and Lightroom for $10 a month. Handy solution if you dont use the other programs.