Monday, August 11, 2014

Garden Girl

I've had this piece of garden art for almost 20 years.  
She is beginning to crumble, as am I.
I would really like to find something similar or in this vein. I've been to all kinds of websites and garden shops, but everything just looks junky or cutesy.  Every year I continue to look with no luck.  Ahhh, I guess there is not a substitute, so
she'll just keep crumbling.
For Texture Tuesday, I added Kim's "Leaf" texture and a layer mask which I played with until I got something I liked.  And then a brush for the postmark.  I like how Kim's texture shows the leaf in the upper left corner and the script over my garden pot.

“Texture

~ Calm ~

8 comments:

Carole M. said...

you created a special art with your garden girl; I'm sure you'll never be able to really part with her, she will need a special place somewhere ...

The Artful Diva said...

nice collage!

Michelle B said...

Wonderful image! I really like the texture with the composition. I don't think any of us look or feel like we did 20 years ago. But the crumbling and wrinkles of 20 years give us more character. :)

Sylvia said...

Such a beautiful place in your garden, Marilyn, your girl is so lovely, I love weathered ornaments !
Great postmark too !
Nice week,
Sylvia

Prairie Jill said...

Oh, she's beautiful! I love the way you processed your photograph.

Inspired By June said...

The perfect textures for this image, Marilyn! Nicely done! Perhaps she can be repaired? rather than replaced?

EarlK said...

Beautiful composition.. The texture leaf fits perfectly into all the leaves in the photo. Very nicely done.

Unknown said...

Beautiful tribute to your garden ornament. Marvelous!