Monday, March 02, 2015

Anatomy of the Bouquet

A special friend sent these to me for my birthday…..so pretty and in colors I love.  Thank you, Shelley.
I kept looking at the bouquet all week.  What I noticed was that the vase was just crammed with flowers, each vying for attention.  The  dozen long stemmed pink roses would have been more than sufficient.  But then I do love hydrangea and stargazer lilies.
The more I thought about it, the more I thought about the importance each flower plays.  The roses, hydrangeas and stargazers are the stars, like the kids in school who were the most popular.  Then there were some type of Asiatic  lilies in the group too…..those wanna be's from school….not as spectacular but nice too.  The lemon leaves and wax flowers were there to fill out the bouquet, but they are just as important ….. they were the ones with the spectacular grades.  Then there were the tiny white carnations….they were the ones I made friends with….they were loyal and steadfast friends.  They are still here when the rest of the bouquet has been tossed.  They smile at me every morning.  They give me a peaceful, easy feeling. 
So….for Texture Tuesday and Be Still I did a little photo shoot with my good friends, the carnations.  I used Kim's "Hazey" preset,  took it into PS and added the text.  
and the top down shot
and with Kim's postcard texture
They are my good friends.

Kim Klassen dot com
Live a beautiful life this week.
~ Give ~

22 comments:

Barbara said...

These images are lovely - such beautiful tones.

Karen Olson said...

Just love your postcard image, fabulous! Would make wonderful note cards.

Barbara said...

Beautiful top down image Marilyn and the texture post card is awesome.

Beverly said...

What a beautiful description of all the flowers, comparing them to kids in school. The carnations were a show stopper though...and I love the last one with the postcard overlay! Very pretty!

Barb said...

I love how you've described the flowers in your bouquet ... and it's absolutely gorgeous. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Roxanne said...

A beautiful bouquet and beautiful images!

abrianna said...

Very nice shots. I like the postcard one best.

Dotti said...

That is a beautiful birthday bouquet. So lovely of your friend to send it. That and all the other photos are beautiful. I like the postcard photo. I haven't used that overlay yet. Maybe it's time to remedy that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the blend of white, simple and shadows is perfect. Love the school analogy! :)

jacki long said...

Really love them all Marilyn, such beautiful work!
That postcard is a knockout! ;o)

Unknown said...

Beautiful soft images of the little carnations, so sweet ! I loved your description of all the flowers too. Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday also !

Nina said...

Very beautiful photos, Marilyn! Your subtle, creamy stones and the peaceful composition ... And the pretty postcard (the last photo) makes a lovely series!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely bouquet, Marilyn !
Happy belated Birthday ! :-)
Love those white carnations ... so beautifully captured !
Have a nice week,
Sylvia

Leovi said...

Yes, delightful flowers, beautiful works! Gorgeous beauty in these pictures!

Donna Hopkins said...

Your postcard is perfect! Love the texture and the vintage look.

cathy @ma vie trouvee said...

Happy birthday! Your bouquet is beautiful.. my fav is the postcard!

Michelle B said...

Lovely images! Your 'friends' look wonderful in the white vase and I love the from above point of view. I enjoyed your post today, it put a smile on my face. :)

EarlK said...

Beautiful bouquet . . . lovely colors. Love your description of the various flowers and how they fit together.

The Artful Diva said...

I like the vase crammed with flowers as well as the simplicity of the white pitchers with the white flowers.

Diana said...

Especially love that last two images. Visiting from Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday.

elizabeth said...

Carnations are just so friendly and frilly and last so long! I love them.

Prairie Jill said...

Beautiful flowers - and even more beautiful photographs! Love the way you used texture.