Monday, March 23, 2015

As Promised

Before I get to my promised face and story, I want to share with you my entry for Texture Tuesday.  I did two different images from this shoot, and two different edits.  The first one I edited as Kim did in Week 7 of our Be Still class.

After some minor adjustments in Lightroom and using her "Breeze" preset I added quote and her "Simple" texture in Photoshop.  
The second image is a bit more dramatic.  I used Kim's "Darkmood" preset in Lightroom.
and now for that face and story…..
Face #16

I told you I would have a story related to my word for the year…. "Give".
Last week I stopped at Mother's Market for some produce.  In  the parking lot I saw a  young man in a wheelchair.  
One of his legs had been 
amputated at the knee.  I figured he might be a veteran, maybe even without a home.  He asked me if I had a dollar I could spare.
I opened my wallet and discovered I had no singles.  I thought to myself, "Don't be cheap", and then pulled out a $10 bill.
He was most thankful and did an immediate U-turn right there in front of me, and as fast as his wheels would take him, sped to the liquor store at the back of the parking lot! 
I started to laugh, but thinking of what Wayne Dyer said when he was laughed at for giving money to a panhandler on the street corner….."It's not between me and him, it's between me and God", I realized that it is truly between myself and God.
Have a great week!
~ Give ~
Kim Klassen dot com

13 comments:

jacki long said...

Great face & story Marilyn! Miss you!

Dotti said...

Oh, I do love that rose. I was totally in love with photo #1 and then I saw #2. Can't decide but I don't need to, I can enjoy them both. And Wayne Dyer is right.

Beverly said...

That is a great story Marilyn. I love your word for the year...you will have many stories. Both of your rose edits are so beautiful, and both are a favorite!

Anonymous said...

Perfectly beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!...(I gotta get me some cheesecloth!)

abrianna said...

The first one is a soft pastel and the second one has more contrast. I think the second shot draws your eye more to the pink because of the dark backgrounds.

Your giving story did make me laugh...with you , not at you or the young man.

Nancy said...

Your shot is just beautiful.....I love your story because I used to get so mad if I thought someone was not spending the money as they should and then someone told me it's not my responsibility what they do with the money. it's my responsibility to give and let God take care of the rest.....

elizabeth said...

Marilyn, I love your beautiful photos, and your story, too. Remember what Jesus told his disciples, if you go to a house and bless the house and it's not worthy the blessing comes back to you! I think the same goes for when we bless someone and they misuse it.

Leovi said...

Fabulous flower much I like the colors, very good!

The Artful Diva said...

both rose renditions are lovely - I prefer the first one though. I love your face and back story.

EarlK said...

Especially love the rose #2 . . . wonderful the way the colors pop out from the dark. Face #16 id fabulous. The young man probably enjoyed his purchase.

Michelle B said...

Beautiful rose. The top one is my favorite and I love the quote. Great story too.

Prairie Jill said...

Great face and beautiful photos!

Barb said...

Your images are absolutely beautiful and I love your story - poor fellow must need his drink ... blessings to you.