Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happiness

Happiness is a new hard drive in my Mac.  It's running beautifully - purring like a happy kitty.  It has been such a pleasure to work on just as it was prior to it's demise a year ago.  The hard drive didn't just die, it suffered a slow death.
For this Photo Art Friday's challenge, I've posted a couple images using bokehs.  For those of you who don't know what bokeh is, it's the scattered lights visualized by the camera.  The pattern often looks like subtle bubbles in the image.  Many times when we do a digital edit, we can introduce a bokeh texture.  That is what I've done with these images.
This first image is so subtle you may not even see the edges of the bokeh "bubbles".  I used two layers of "Everything is illuminated" and a layer of "Golden Bokeh Overlay" by Pixel Dust Photo Art along with blends of color burn, vivid light and saturation.
I attempted to follow Bonnie's lead with this next image and used the poster edge filter.  
I like the edges on the Iris but I don't think the bokeh did very  much to add to the image.  So what the heck.....I played with the image.....a daguerreotype effect
and a kaleidoscope effect/
and this tilt tile effect which I like

Submitting for PAF 

Photo Art Friday


17 comments:

Phyllis said...

Hi Marilyn, It's fun to see what you have done with your irises and taking the extra artistic steps to experiment creatively. The irises are blossoming here in Massachusetts. I have been taking tons of photos of them. It will give me a subject to "play" with in the long cold winter!!

Jeanne said...

A lovely iris, and beautiful colors

Linda Kittmer said...

You've done some really interesting edits of your photo. My favourite is the black and white. Beautiful!

Ida said...

Very nice work. Looks like you had fun experimenting and I like that "Tile" effect you used.

teri said...

That is a gorgeous iris! And you did have a wonderful time with your purring Mac creating some great images-that one really does look like a daguerreotype! Just popping in from Pixel Dust Photo Art Friday. You have a great place here.

Anonymous said...

I love the kaleidoscope effect!

NatureFootstep said...

the kaleidoscope effect is quite nice. :)

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Love the poster edges on the iris' frilly skirt! You could remove the poster edge effect from your background with an eraser tool or with a layer mask - and keep your bokeh naturel. That is such a gorgeous iris. Thank you for sharing your artwork with PAF, Marilyn!

Electra said...

I love what you have done with your irses! The daguerreotype effect is my Fave. and thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

Jeanne said...

Isn't it fun playing with all of these effects?? Could sit for hours doing it. nice effects.... like your dagguerrotype effect.

Ülle said...

gorgeous :)

The Artful Diva said...

I have a new Mac too. I sold my "old" desktop and replaced it with a new one. I use my desktop, laptop and I-pad everyday. No I-phone though - no time!

Thank you for the bokeh explanation. I'll have to give that a whirl one day.

Leovi said...

Delicious flowers with beautiful colors. Excellent textures, bright pictures.

ormbunke said...

Riktigt häftiga bilder efter din behandling. Ha de gott

Patrice said...

Congrats on the new hard drive! Great photo art!

Prairie Jill said...

Great effects! I think the daguerrotype is my favourite. (I still haven't tried the Poster Edges filter ... must get to that this week!)

Kathy said...

Beautiful flowers and nice effect on each of them. Thanks for sharing with us.

Capture Life,
Kathy