Friday, May 11, 2012

Skyline

Photo Art Friday
I wanted to do something a little different for Photo Art Friday this week.  We were given a choice of something with a horizon or any piece of art we wanted.
I chose this image overlooking the back bay in Newport Beach.  The buildings on the horizon are part of Newport Center.
The original was somewhat underexposed on an overcast day.  I think it looks moody.  It wasn't very colorful to begin with, so I converted to B/W.
I played with Bonnie's "intensify" texture and applied several different filters and blends to come up with these edits.  I also used frames from Pixlr on the final two images.  I was intrigued with the handprint and scrapbook frame on the final image.  


You will want to go visit the Photo Art Friday gallery for some unique and creative entries.
Have a great week everyone!!



7 comments:

Julie said...

Nice photos: I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/05/show-your-stuff-23.html

Ida said...

These are great. The BW compostion transforms the scene to something very mysterious.

Kathy Reed said...

I think your perspective on 'horizon' is great! Will have to try the frames myself!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Love the last three Marilyn. The third-last has an interesting shimmer and outline on the bldgs. The second last has my fav border. The last is 'creepy' good like some monster hand trying to claw its way into the city. I really enjoyed viewing all your edits. Thanks for sharing your art with Photo Art Friday!

Leovi said...

Excellent photo with beautiful light and great tones in B & W. I have been lovely with those textures. Greetings.

Deborah said...

great photo, fantastic end result!

Janet said...

Loved what you did with the textures here and on your 'expect a miracle' and 'summer' blog posts!