Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer

Today I learned a new trick -- how to outline a font in PSE.  Head on over to Geri's blog for a tutorial.  She also has a tutorial for Photoshop.  Thanks, Geri!!
I took this shot in the mall.  I'm always smitten by bright colors and this display at Crate & Barrel really caught my eye.
Next step was to add my text and create the outline
Then I worked Geri's "magic"
Finally I added a layer of Kim's "fall in" on color burn @ 100% and a layer of Kim's "stained linen" on soft light at 57% to get this final image.  They warmed the image up quite a bit.
This is my entry for Kim's Texture Tuesday this week.  There will be lots more beautiful entries so be sure to visit her site to see them all.

kimklassencafe

See you on my next post!

12 comments:

Geri said...

Great job and a gorgeous shot! I just love how the outlined text doesn't interfere with the photo!

Unknown said...

Very cool effect.
I'll remember to check Geri's tutorial.

Prairie Jill said...

Beautiful edit! (I liked the original, too.)

Desirae R said...

I really love what the texture did to the photo!

Carole M. said...

nice and colourful backdrop to the new text outline effect you learnt

Anonymous said...

Love the colours and a great edit. Thanks for the link, I must check that out :-)

Linda Kittmer said...

Nice shot of beautiful bright objects. I'll head over and check out Geri's tutorial. Thanks for the tip.

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely photos - I love what you've done with the textures - great idea taking your camera to the mall, I think I might try that!

Susan said...

How beautiful. Thanks for the tip, I need to learn how to do text.

Connie Smiley said...

How bright and beautiful, Marilyn! And thanks for the outlining tip.

Nancy said...

Great shot/editing and thanks for the tutorial link -- always love to learn new things. Thanks, Marilyn. :)

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Wonderful photos and great texture work. Have a nice day, Marylin.
Kind regards, Synnöve