Saturday, February 22, 2014

DLP - Week 8

I have flipped my flap, or flapped my flap.  The challenge for week 8 was to add a flap to a flap.  The most difficult part of this challenge was scanning it…..I probably should have photographed it.  
The left side of the spread….my interpretation visually of "calm", my word for the year.
The right side of the spread….
I used the beautiful birthday card I received from my dear friend Shelley.  She moved to Arizona several years ago, and I really miss her.  This made the flap which I attached with washi tape.
Then I attached a flap inside this flap.  I turned the journal sideways so the quote would be readable.  The ginkgo leaves are the attached flap.  
And when opened it looks like this.
I think I contradicted myself by saying "Love is All We Need" and then saying a double shot of espresso can keep me happy!  Haha.
I certainly take "artistic license" when creating.
~ Calm ~





2 comments:

Rosemary Aubut said...

Love it! Very creative!

libbyquilter said...

really pretty~! love the gingko page and the quote that you used.
i did get a smile out of the coffee page/flap that you used.

i really enjoy stopping by and seeing what creative magic you have created~!

:-)
libbyQ